Monday, January 20, 2014

Late Post: Crafting with Kids - Christmas Tree

I know, I know, Christmas is over, but please forgive me for this very late post.  I have been very busy the past few weeks and was not able to update my blog on time.  Still, I would like to share this post as this could also give you guys an idea on your future craft activities with your angels.

The materials needed are:
  1. Christmas tree template (just google for this one).
  2. Punchers of different shapes
  3. Colored paper
  4. Paint
  5. Glue

Materials
First, I had the kids paint their trees green and paint a star on top of the tree.  Once they were done, we let it dry.

Let's paint the tree green
Then I let asked them produce different shapes with the use of punchers.  This was a little difficult for my youngest as the puncher was a bit hard, so I had to give him an extra hand. 

Punch, punch and punch
Just look at how colorful the shapes were!

Cutesy!
This was the part they got most excited about.  Have your kids stick the cut-out shapes to the tree.  Just let them do their own style and try not to be perfectionist about it.  This will help your kids be more creative and confident, too.

Stick them up
Look how colorful they are.

Finished product

Thumbs up
Mission accomplished!  Another fun and easy craft completed.

No comments :

Post a Comment