Wednesday, December 11, 2013

How Expats Can Send Food to the Philippines

As an expat, I always want to surprise my family back home even in the simplest way.  One thing I love doing is having food delivered to my family's doorsteps especially during special occasions and sometimes for no reason at all.

Back in 2004 when I first arrived here, I was able to send Andok's lechon manok (roasted chicken) via one remittance company and they were very happy to receive something unexpected!  Now, although it's really predictable that I will be sending food to them during special occasions, their excitement never ceased. My family is still enthusiastic about the food that I am going to send them every now and then.

I only have a few choices.  I don't usually order form third party companies because they charge double if not triple of the original price.  Below is the list of the companies where I usually order food from:

1.  Max's Restaurant

  • Minimum order is P500.
  • Online order must be placed at least 1 hour in advance for deliver now transactions and pick up, 2 hours in advance for deliver later transactions, and 24 hours in advance for dine-in transactions.
  • Mode of payment:  Credit card.
  • Revisions and cancellations should be made at most 5 minutes after order is placed (for deliver now transactions) or 1 hour after order is placed (for takeout and deliver later and dine-in transactions).

2.  Shakey's Pizza

  • Minimum order is P500.
  • Advance order cannot be made.
  • Mode of payment:  Credit card and Paypal.

3.  Jollibee 

  • Minimun food purchase of P1000.
  • Orders will be delivered within 24 hours upon confirmation of the order with the recipient.
  • Mode of payment:  Credit card, over the counter remittance.

4.  Goldilocks

  • Minimum order is $30
  • Customer must present ID to claim their items.
  • Delivery service is temporarily unavailable until further notice.
  • Minimum of three days order lead time.
  • Mode of payment:  Credit card.

5.  Yellow Cab

  • Minimum order is P300.
  • Delivery 45 minutes to 1 hour after confirmation of order. 
  • Mode of payment:  Pesopay

Why not try sending a package to your family and then tell me how did it go?


No comments :

Post a Comment